Monday, February 4, 2013

Misc' drawings

If you refer to earlier posts this is an illustration of a snapshot from the dream I had. Its the dyke of smashed cars holding back the ocean from drawing class assignment at OCAC, to draw a scene from a dream.
The final graphite copy of the collage; Adding details and refinements to coalesce the elements.

 Pretty straight forward collage to sketch from OCAC foundations. Really fun and a lot of potential for creative process stimulation.
 The illusion quality of simply cutting out shapes and playing with shadowing I find really intriguing and fun. It makes me think of that euro movie "The Science of Sleep". I pretty much emptied the pen!
 Its started to look like an ocean so I drew a boat and went from there.
(This shot is not) I started writing my signature because I wanted to practice it since its consistency is 1/50
 This was a project in foundations my first year at OCAC. We were given a day by the next class to empty an archival black pen on a single pice of 16x24 paper. (This shot is flat)

I drew this years ago and saw that my perspective and technique has not changed much but my skill definitely has.

No comments:

Post a Comment