Tuesday, January 22, 2013

More projects completed

on the inside of the roof there was black tar residue left over from the original installation... I thought it was a nice touch and reminder ;P
So when we first arrived at the newly remodeled school in 2010, they were still finishing replacing the roofs. They striped all these metal corrugated panels off, and glued a white plastic roof on in its place. I asked and they let me pull some choice pieces from the scrap metal dumpster. I organized them behind the ceramics building and then months later learned about the smoking shelter commission and was able to incorporate roof into the proposal, saving a lot of money and reusing a roof that still had a lot use left in it!
We built this for somewhere between $160 and $200 give or take for gas.
She doesn't smoke, only likes to swing!

Temporary art school smoking shelter comission. Partnered with painter and friend Mathew 'Clopen' O'connor (great guy)



My friend Tristan out of plasticine. 5" tall
I had a dream again recently in 2012 again that actually followed up to this dream like a prequel. Instead of years in the future. The flood had just happened in my home town of Bellingham and a new in-land sea had formed. My wife and I were talking to a realtor and he said that land value had sky rocketed because of all the new beach front...

Dream from 2007 car dyke holding back the ocean.
Here are some more completed projects long over due. Ha

No comments:

Post a Comment