Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Seed/ Flower/ Fruit of Life Mandalas


 This is the flower of life which typically has two rings around all the smaller circles. The ancients did this in order to keep secret the later stage (fruit of life) from the common practitioner.
 This is the Seed of Life which is the first 7 circles drawn.


Mandalas are most seen in Buddhism and Hinduism traditions. However they reach far and wide around the world. Within Numerology and Sacred Geometry circles they are the starting point for understanding our existence. Speaking of circles, that is just what the Sanskrit word Mandala means, "circle". The sphere is where all of the physical world starts from. Drawing the flower of life has become a new practice for me in understanding the dynamics of the geometry within and during its unfolding. The more I draw these circles the more I am understanding my own life and how an individual such as myself fits into the big picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment